Tuesday 23 September 2008

Jerusalem

Last week I took Thursday off work and went to the Dead Sea and Ein Gedi with Kyriaki.

The weekend was spent in the amazing wonderful city Jerusalem.
Not only there is the most amazing mixture of different cultures and the old city seems to be a market itself, it looks like every piece of stone there has a thousand year history to tell.
We're not talking about nice medieval things here, we're talking about the so called center of the universe for at least three different religions.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to take pictures with my own camera, but here's the link to Adrian's blog. He takes really good pictures :)
http://niekoniecznie.blogspot.com/

Hopefully, I'll be able to gather some photos later and post them here to show a little of this astonishing city that everyone must visit.

4 comments:

HARD CORE MAMA said...

Cheguei a pensar que não fosses a Jerusalem por ser muito longe. Quantos dias lá estiveram? Foi só na 5ª.Feira?
Oraste muito, minha Jezebel?

Aquilo lá è bonito, é bonito, mas nós sabemos que está tudo a cair de velho e cheio de pó, tudo abandalhado! E não há uma alminha que ponha um cimento ou um caixilho de alumínio para segurar aquilo, essa é que é essa...

fiona said...

Not so much my dear. I was there for two days and the city is generally good taken care of. Of course there are places disputed between religions, like the holy sepulchre. I'll post about it later.

p said...

one question that came into my mind:
have you already try the jewish look with the big curl in each side?
:)

P

fiona said...

Great idea! Although I don't really have any curls in my hair...